- Teach how to live on mission (see every Jesus follower as a missionary; with where you live, work, play or study being a part of your mission field). Teach on the two great commandments, to love God and love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:38).
- Teach the “prayer, care, share” strategy Love KC uses in adopting neighborhoods.
- Agree to adopt the neighborhood around their church. A “neighborhood” is defined as the natural, geographic boundaries, of the closest public elementary school.
- Encourage the members to adopt their neighborhoods using the blesseveryhome.com site and communicate to Love KC the neighborhoods which are adopted.
- Financially support the Love KC effort to reach every neighborhood in KC. There is not a required amount. It is a donation to Love KC.
What the Church Receives in Partnership
Love KC trainers will train the trainers of the church, with your church staff, and serve as a resource to the staff and church.
Love KC opens their network to others who are adopting neighborhoods in KC to encourage peer to peer learning circles. Coaching on an on-going basis is an option for the partner church.
The Love KC website generates resources every 7-10 days (equipping, stories, tools, etc). These are available to all and will be sent to the church representative.